We are currently looking for a Business Analyst to join our team in Washington DC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Discover and document collective knowledge by gathering, analyzing, and managing business requirements for multiple concurrent programs, projects, and/or other efforts.
• Ensure that the requirements of business clients are captured correctly before a solution is developed and/or implemented.
• Play a key role in ensuring an overall project successfully meets client needs.
• Identify business needs and define feasible solution scopes.
• Work with stakeholders to understand their working environments as well as underlying needs and concerns.
• Analyze and understand “current state” processes to ensure that the clients and project teams understand the context and implications of change. Work with the client to prioritize and rationalize requirements.
• Manage conflicts, issues, and changes to maintain agreement on solution scope. Identify gaps in solutions and help define acceptance criteria for the completion of the solution.
• Assemble and present information to management-level positions.
• Contribute to risk register, risk management plan, and issue log, including by providing any necessary analysis and escalation recommendations.
• Minimum 8 years of change management and/or other related experience in process improvement, continuous business improvement.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including active listening skills.
• Excellent ability to think and respond quickly and effectively to unfamiliar subjects or scenarios, including through asking relevant questions and conducting appropriate research.
• Excellent relationship-building and negotiation skills. Excellent organizational skills.
• Effective ability to find pertinent information online or through other references.
• Effective problem-solving skills. Ability to communicate and interact effectively at all layers of the organization. BA/BS required in related practice or equivalent working experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) office products required.
• Previous experience with client-facing roles required.
• PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA), Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP), or equivalent designation preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field.
• Highest level of public trust clearance.