We are currently looking for a Database Developer to join our team in Washington DC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to the development of technical design decisions involving the database and assist PMs and Architects in developing full life cycle documentation.
• Document all activities. Ensure adherence to departmental and organizational policies and standards.
• Proactively work to identify and address any database/application performance issues.
• Experience in logical database modeling and physical database design
Proficiency in SQL and database procedural languages.
• Knowledge of distributed databases and partitioning and of scalable data architectures.
• Excellent communication, problem-solving, customer service, analytical, and interpersonal relationship skills.
• Be part of application production fixes, maintenance efforts, performance tuning of applications etc., as needed by the project scope.
• Work with the development teams in an agile environment.
• At least 7 years of experience in the analysis, design, and development of relational databases and in the design and development of Microsoft SQL Server 2016 SP2, 2017, & 2019 databases.
• Supporting applications written in Java, C++, C#, and collaborate with applications, & teams.
• .Net programming strongly preferred. Familiarity with the .NET framework, experience with T-SQL and Entity Framework.
• 2+ years’ Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 and above.
• Experience with DB monitoring tools.
• 5+ years of supporting application development and implementation experience.
• 3+ years of experience with database platforms such as SQL Server.
• 3+ years of C#.NET experience.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Knowledge of NoSQL database system MongoDB is a plus.
• 1+ year of trust experience.
• 1 + years of Team Foundation Server (TFS) experience.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
• Solid problem-solving skills.
• BS in Computer Science or related field.
• Must have the clearable background and ability to obtain OPM Public Trust Clearance