We are currently looking for a QA Tester to join our team in Washington DC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work in an Agile Scrum environment to test the modernization of an existing legacy system to a new technology platform.
• Work with the other members of the test team to both plan and execute internal testing as well as work with the end users at UAT.
• Create Test Cases and trace to the applicable User Stories.
• Create test data as needed.
• Execute test - includes mainly Functional Testing but also could include 508 and Performance. Functional testing includes both front-end and back-end testing.
• Triage defects with the Test Lead and the development team as needed.
• Utilize JIRA to create Test Cases, track test execution, and triage defects.
• Help develop automated tests, once this capability is introduced into the software development environment.
• Be a main contributor to test documentation to include test strategies, test plans, test discrepancy reports, etc.
• Lead briefings with the customer
• Mentor more junior business analysts
• Must be a US Citizen with an active Secret Clearance
• Experience in testing in a structured test environment
• Experience mentoring junior team members
• Experience testing in an Agile workstream
• Experience working with test tools such as Client-ALM
• Experience with both front-end and back-end testing
• Proven collaboration and communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Previous experience working with the Department of Commerce
• Experience with JIRA
• Experience with automated testing
• Lean Six Sigma certification